Saturday, March 8, 2014

I Love February!

Happy Saturday morning to you!



I know I have eluded to the fact that I was in no mood to celebrate American Heart Month in February of 2012. Survivor was too new to me and I was not ready to embrace it. When American Heart Month rolled around in 2013, I was a little more ready to embrace it. I went to the American Heart Association-- Kansas City Go Red Casting Call.  After having been a Go Red Ambassador for almost a year, I was ready to full on celebrate survivor this year! I had some of the most fabulous ladies by my side while we celebrated!

On February 6, I summoned the courage for live TV and appeared on KC Live.  I haven't watched it because it is weird to see myself on TV but my friends tell me I rocked it so I guess I will believe them:.

That evening we went red at Hamburger Mary's:








 
 
On February 7 we celebrated National Wear Red for Women Day and my family, friends and co-workers turned out in style! They turned my Facebook page RED! You can see for yourself here. We also went red at The Red Dress Dash:





 
Now, I am not sure anyone will believe this but I have been the dedicated social media queen for the AHA KC in February!
 

On February 10, I had the great pleasure of speaking to staff at the American Academy of Family Physicians about women and heart disease.
 
On February 12 I spoke with the fabulous ladies at the National Association of Professional Women:

I did an hour-long radio program:
 
You can find the podcast here under February 23.
 
I  spoke to my women's group WOAMTEC.
 
I interviewed for a story in the Lawrence Journal World. Rock Chalk!
 
I shared the stories of Liz, Keri, Regan, Shelly, Monica and Teri. What fabulous stories! If you have not read them, please do--discover what makes these women so incredible!

We went red at RA Sushi:
 




Finally, we stepped out in style last Saturday at the Heart and Stroke Ball and Pulse After-party. What a great evening this was as Kansas City turned out in icy weather to raise $780,000!








What a great month!  Now we move forward and focus on the Half Day For Your Heart luncheon on April 25 and the Kansas City Heart Walk on May 31! The weather is starting to show a hint of spring after this brutal winter and I was able to get out at work yesterday at lunch and walk with my friend and co-worker Donita. The brutalness of winter leaves me feeling like this:
 
 
Ever the optimist I know that spring will come and the remaining cold days are just dancing the cha-cha with spring:
 

Even if it remains cold, this is still my favorite time of year! Selection Sunday is fast approaching and I have crimson and blue pulsing through my lucky to still be beating heart!
 
Rock Chalk and have a great day:)! I hope spring is fast upon you no matter where you live!



No comments:

Post a Comment