Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Work I Love

So, for sometime now, I have talked about working for myself in the future.  I thought I had a lot of time.  I have realized over the last six months that life is really short.  Do you know that 42% of women that actually survive a heart attack die within a year?  I still have six months of that statistic hanging over my head.  Every little pain I experience is magnified.  Back pain, shoulder pain, jaw pain and nausea are all symptoms of a heart attack but are also just an indication of back pain, shoulder pain, jaw pain and nausea.  I struggle with how I react to these things.  I suppose I will always struggle.  It is a harsh reality of post heart attack life.

I feel very fortunate to be around to try to turn my hobby into a business.  I have started booking weddings and hope that this business will pick up enough to allow me to do this.  I took engagement pics of a great couple yesterday morning at one of my favorite places in Kansas City, the West Bottoms.  They were so much fun and I can't wait to shoot the wedding!  I have resisted weddings, but that is really where the money is and as I know and want you to know, life is truly short.  If this is what I want to do, I best get on it!

I didn't do a whole lot of food prep this weekend, so we will see how the week goes.  I did shop, I just didn't prepare.  I think it will be the old standard of black beans, rice and corn for lunches this week.  Super easy and something that I really like!  The scale is down again this week and I feel like the elusive skinny bitch might actually not be such a lofty goal after all:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment