Friday, December 13, 2013

Yup, I Rock!




I had my Dr. Yang time today. You know I have been dreading it.  All that worrying about my appointment?  Wasted energy.  She spent a long time with me today and we talked nutrition and exercise and those fun things.  We agreed that vegan would be the best course of action going forward because yes she noticed both my weight and cholesterol. 

My BP was good 106/70, EKG, Echo and blood work were all good.  What does that mean for me?  Well it means that at least for the time being,  I didn't have to go to the OR for CABG.  Can I just tell you what a huge relief this is to me??? I mean really, you have no idea! The thought of having my chest cracked open has been a constant source of stress for me as my appointment has neared.  Not only will that not be happening but she said unless I become symptomatic, I don't have to come back for a year!   This is the best possible news ever and I am elated!  Yup, I rock!

This allows me to enjoy the holidays and get ready to promote Go Red for Women month.  I am going to be profiling some courageous women every day during February.  You will not want to miss this series.  I have a few days left to fill so if you know any courageous women that have battled heart disease or stroke and either survived or not, I want to share their stories. You can email me your story or the story of a woman who did not survive that you want to share at jjacksonjayhawkfan@gmail.com and include a pic:)

National Wear Red for Women Day is February 7.  I want to see all of you or your companies in red that day.  In order to see you that means you have to email me a pic at the above email or post a pic to The Skinny Bitch Chronicles Facebook page.  If you send me a pic of your company in red, send me a little blurb about your company so I can profile them!

No comments:

Post a Comment