Thursday, March 22, 2012

Whew! What a day!

Whew!  What a day I had at work.  I used to get really worked up over it and today I found myself back in my old habit. The day I had my heart attack was an especially stressful day at work.  I would have had a heart attack within a couple weeks even without work stress.  I had it that day because of the especially stressful day.  This is what they ask me at the hospital while they are wheeling me into the cath lab--Did you have a stressful day at work today?  Not just one person, but several docs and nurses asked me this.  So, this tells me that stress plays a large part in my health.

I have to really keep things in check these days at work.  I am very passionate about my job, and that can be a good thing for my work ethic but a bad thing for my stress level.  High stress level=bad thing.  I have had to really give myself a stress check tonight.  In the end, how much does it really matter? How much does the email that I hated matter?  Tonight, I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't.  Now, this is easier said than done to really go with the attitude that it doesn't matter.  However, I am going to start practicing that.  I have to keep in mind that the statistic is that 42% of women that suffer a heart attack die within a year.  I am doing everything in my power to make sure I am in the 58% that doesn't.  This means really putting this to practice at work.  This is not an issue specific to this job or this company.  This is anyone, any job, any company.  Please keep your stress level in check.  Get some exercise, do some yoga, have some me time.

 Perhaps five nights in Vegas will help provide me some clarity.  Perhaps it will help me decide that I don't need to be superwoman and try to right all the wrongs.  It will be a challenge, and I am always up for a challenge. In the end, no matter what ,the first choice has to be health!

We are down to a 7 day countdown to Vegas!  Yay Vegas!

If you have been over to the Facebook page you know that I posted I was going to try the orange/blueberry muffins.  Perhaps my first indication that I should not attempt these was the fact that you buy oats and ground them into flour yourself.  I used my food processor and it worked pretty well.  What didn't work out so well for me was the taste of the final muffin product.  I think I really just cannot kick liking the taste of refined baked products.  I think for right now, I will stick to mostly raw.  I didn't get to the twice baked potatoes.  I'll try those after Vegas.

The scale is down again.  Last weekend I spent the better part of two days cleaning out all of my size 14 pants and all of my XL shirts!!  What a great feeling.  Instead of keeping them as my "fat" clothes, I can actually get rid of them.  The vegan lifestyle will assure that I don't ever gain this weight back and I won't need those clothes again!

Here's to a stress free Friday for all:)!




No comments:

Post a Comment