Sunday, February 19, 2012

Total Dip Failure

So, the tofu rotel??  Total failure!!  I am going to need to do some research on how to use the tofu.  It was kind of nasty and curdled--it stunk and I doubt if the dog would have eaten it!  Anyway, it went down the garbage disposal and from now on, that will be the garbage disposal dip.  I think it would work well if I can figure out how to work with the tofu.  I have a steep learning curve when it comes to working with anything new.  I am so not a natural in the kitchen.  After 7 weeks of cooking everything, I am lucky to still have all my fingers.

On the upside, the veggie crumbles are very much like ground beef and are fabulous in my veggie chili.  All of the tortillas that I dehydrated in anticipation of what I now call the garbage dip are great crushed over the veggie chili.  I am really looking forward to my veggie crumble soft tacos later in the week.

Today ended up being food day instead of yesterday.  Yesterday I got the dehydrators going with the sweet potato slices and while I was doing that, I realized that I had too much crap on my kitchen counters.  Now, I have a super small kitchen.  This was never an issue in my carnivore days because a lot of meals came prepared already by the take out joint.  That meant it just had to come into the house and sit on the counter.  Now, I prepare and make everything.  The exception would be once a week that I order pizza for the kids, but I don't eat any.  So, since I don't have a pantry, I cleaned out the hall closet and reorganized everything using the space in that closet and now I feel like I can function so much better!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and that anything you cooked was better than my tofu snafu!

I love this:


No comments:

Post a Comment